Saturday, October 17, 2009

Every Cloud Has Something With It.


On 14th Oct, I was awake and it was near about 1:30 A.M.; reading some month’s Reader’s Digest. Everyone in the house was sleeping; preparing themselves for next day. I was reading something about “being our own Life Coach”. It was more of career oriented article. I started thinking about these guys.

My father, a very strict kind of person, who is a successful manager in bank who came from a very small village, is suffering from many aches. Back ache. Head ache. Leg ache. He generally is not as involved as my mother in the ‘house-crisis” matters like there is no dal for tomorrow.

My mother is a very over-reactive, suspicious, highly criticism sensitive, sentimental kind of person. Probably, raised in a very very very strict environment. She is a lawyer but does not practice. She is Scorpion, on the way. She has some spondilysis (may be it is spelled that way).

I have elder brother, who does not live with us, as he is doing some pilot exam thing. He is pilot and is waiting for some document. We hardly talk openly. After few months, he will be flying high, up above in the sky (rhymes, he he). He has some leg pain. The one cricketers have while playing on the ground.

I have trouble who studies in class IX. He is my younger brother. Always ready to play anything. God, I get so tired. He is cool and speaks less as me, but only when with friends. Else he is highly explosive material. One wrong answer, “uh oh, wrong answer, buzz, ka-boom”. If he wants something, he will make 10 people work for it. He too, has some problem in the region of neck and leg.

There is a reason I explained everyone qualification with their pains. Everytime I look at these people, their pain appears to me. Every now and then, I think what I can do to help them. My house is not a happy home.

Getting back to the point, I was reading things about “being our own Life Coach”. After reading it, I was feeling high spirited for my career. But then started thinking about the coaches who live with us. Our parents. They always want nothing but best for us. If not best then good. They tell us to sleep properly, they tell us to brush properly, they tell us to eat nice “diet” food which is full of heap of vegetables, etc.

Even though, my two coaches were always busy with something else; I cannot agree they never did their fundamental duties. They raised me till a point where I can think and learn. And that was done with few problems. But it was done.

They say, whatever happens to us happens because we are letting it happen. Either aware or unaware.

After five years, I see myself as a manager and earning one month at a time.

I always remember this story my friend’s neighbor, Mr. Something-whose-name-I-don’t-remember (let’s call him Signore X), told my friend. “He used to plant a plant and then not gave them water properly for first few days. Reason, he said, was plants will find moisture on their own and will help themselves with stronger and deeper roots. They will grow their roots in search for moisture. But if everything is perfect for these plants; water, fertilizer, sunlight, water, pesticide… how they will become strong.”

It is still amazingly weird to me, how quickly we learn from other people’s experiences. My friend’s neighbor told this story to my friend, but I learned it more than he did.

Well, they truly said, “We want what others have.”

There, I was still awake, those people were still sleeping. These coaches taught me whatever they could; now it was my turn to coach myself with little help from God who listens to me now-a-days. Tough guy but sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment